Designer Dip: Three New Ways to Dive Into Dipping Powder!
1) Apply ProDip Base Coat to the entire surface of the nail. Make sure you smooth evenly and apply all the way to the free edge.
2) Next, dip your first finger in ProDip Clear Powder. This transparent powder helps to create a smooth base for any dip powder manicure. Use a dust brush to clear off any excess powder. Repeat application of ProDip Base Coat on all five fingers.
3) Dip a small nail brush into ProDip Minty Blue dipping powder. Collect a small amount of powder (you will repeat this process multiple times to achieve the desired coverage level). Tap and sprinkle on the bottom third of the nail. Continue to dip your brush in the powder and tap onto the nail until enough light blue powder has collected on the bottom portion of your nail. Use a dust brush to clear off any excess powder.
4) Next, sprinkle ProDip Azure Blue. Concentrate on the area from the middle of your nail all the way to the free edge. Dip your brush and tap over the nail using the same technique as step four.
5) Repeat application of ProDip Base Coat, followed by a second layer of each colour coat. Use a dust brush to clear off any excess powder
6) Next, dip and sprinkle ProDip Lilac Mirage over the entire nail. This shimmery light purple helps to blend the two blue powders into a smooth ombre look.
8) Finish with Cuticle Oil for hydrated healthy nail beds. Repeat on all ten fingers for the perfect dipped ombre. This tutorial can easily be adapted to suit your personal style by swapping in a light, dark and glitter shade in your favourite colour palette.
1) Brush on a smooth even coat of Powder Perfection Base Coat to a properly prepped nail. Using an acrylic nail brush, pick up your first coloured powder, Black Onyx. Hover the brush over top of your nail and lightly tap to drop powder over your nail. Focus on two small areas of the nail, leaving room for the second colour of your marble manicure.
2) Quickly dip your brush into your next powder, Funny Bunny. Tap the second powder over the remaining bare parts of your nail. Use a dust brush to remove any excess powder.
3) Repeat application of base coat. Repeat application technique for both shades of dipping powder. Remove excess powder. Repeat application of base coat. Dip the entire nail into Powder Perfection Clear Color Set Powder. For best results, dip at a 45-degree angle. Remove excess powder.
4) Apply a generous amount of Powder Perfection Activator to the entire nail. Wait for about 1 - 2 minutes until the activator hardens. Shape and file the nail using a 180 grit nail file. Buff the surface of the nail with a 180 grit buffer. Remove excess dust.
5) For high-shine, apply a second coat of Powder Perfection Activator. Allow 1-2 minutes to harden. Apply one layer of Powder Perfection Top Coat. Allow 1-2 minutes to harden. Apply a second layer of top coat, allow 1-2 minutes to harden.
6) Finish with a coat of OPI Pro Spa Cuticle Oil, to nourish your nailbeds and help your marble manicure last longer.
1) Begin by applying a layer of TruDip Base Coat to a properly prepped nail.
2) Dip your nail into the first coloured powder, Call Me a Cab. Concentrate on the free edge, dipping only as far as you would for a smile line. Tap off excess powder. Next, dip your nail into the second coloured powder, Too Haute For What. Focus on covering the 2nd third of the nail to continue your ombre. Tap off excess powder. Use a medium-sized brush to dip into the third coloured powder, All The Way Up. Hover above your nail and tap lightly to sprinkle the powder onto just the lower third of your nail. Remove excess powder.
3) Apply a second coat of TruDip Base Coat. Next, use a medium-sized brush to sprinkle the second coat of all three colours to the nail. Focus on applying each to their respective section to maintain the ombre gradient. Use a dust brush to remove excess powder.
4) Apply a coat of TruDip Activate. Apply another layer of TruDip Base Coat and let dry. File edges using a 180 grit file and buff the surface smooth with a 180 grit buffer.
5) Use a small dotting tool or extra-fine tipped brush, begin to paint your design onto the nail using TruDip Base Coat. Then dip entire nail into French White powder. Painting on the design will assure that powder only adheres to the area covered in the base coat. Paint small sections at a time so that base coat does not dry in-between. You will need to dip multiple times, depending on the length of your nail.
6) Apply TruDip Activate to the entire nail. Remove excess powder using a dust brush and finish with cuticle oil to nourish your nailbeds. We hope you enjoy trying out these three stunning dipping powder looks!